Saturday, August 19, 2017

Svalbard, day 4






















170819 Todays first adventure ”Fossilhunt 09:00 3h” It was hard to find any nice fossils, I hammered a few stones, but then I found a very heavy ironlike stone that I liked a lot. I believe it was part of a very old UFO that crashed 100.000 years ago and that it probably was from a future timeline, but I cant be sure. Since I didnt find any dinosaur fossils I started to talk to the guide. She told me that she worked for the military and that she was planning to spend one year on Svalbard and then prepare to apply for Siriusexpressen (patrullen) on Greenland, she also told me that she trained with the navy seals, she also had a sweet malamute with her.

After that I met up with the other guys to visit the museum and eat some food at Rabalder. After just a few hours it was time for another adventure ”Seed to summit-Hike to the summit of Mt Blomsterdalshögda and the Global seed vault 19:00 4h”. I didnt look forward to it that much, but it turned out to be a great experience mainly because of the company. It was a norwegian guide that brought her dog with her and a norwegian couple with a man that was very talkative and friendly. The guide told me that she had encountered a polar bear once and that she was about 60 m from the bear, but than succeeded to scare it away with a flare gun (I think). We reached a little peak and sat down for some ”solbær toddy” and cookies before we went down, after that we drove to the global seed vault. Once there the guide told me she wasn't allowed to enter the area with the car, but that I could take a quick walk to the vault. I seized the opportunity and ran away while the others stayed in the car. There are supposedly 7 global seed vaults in the world, this one didnt look impressive at all in the flat light, but I guess it would be totally different in a dark night with the bluish light on.


No comments:

Post a Comment